Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This is Me

My name is Diana. I teach ESL and Bilingual Ed in an elementary school. I received my Bachelor's Degree from Southern CT State University in elementary education and bilingual education. I am studying at USJ for my Master's in Reading and Language for Elementary School. After this course I have one left to take, and then I can graduate!!

I am originally from Madrid, Spain and am bilingual in English and Spanish. I have been living in CT since I was 8 years old. I am enjoying my first year as a full-time teacher and love all of my little ELL students :)



I have a very loving family and a wonderful boyfriend. I also have a Golden Retriever named Regina. She truly is the queen of our house! Her favorite food is bread (something I think she learned from me!) While I love different seasons, I'm more of a sun-loving kind of person. We have family coming from Spain this summer, so I am really excited for that! While it's an experience having family in a different country, it can also be hard having them so far away. But I've learned to cope and just truly enjoy the time that I do have with them.




I'm hoping to learn many new ways to incorporate technology into my teaching. I've taken one other technology course previous to this one, and I have become very interested in some of the programs out there!

2 comments:

  1. Diana, you have quite the background! It must be very exciting to have your first full time teaching job! :) I'm planning on teaching in Argentina next year, so I'm currently learning Spanish. Maybe you could teach me a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Will you be in Argentina for the whole year? Is that something through where you work now?

      My mom studied Spanish in college, had to study in Spain, then ended up moving there after graduating. That's where she met my dad and it's where I was born. You should go if you ever have the chance! I love it there... Miss my family though.

      How much Spanish do you know? I'm sure you'll pick up a lot once you're in Argentina. It's easier to learn when you're immersed in it. Good luck!! Sounds very exciting :) My dad actually has a friend from Argentina, but he lives in Winsted. Do you watch soccer? Big thing in Spanish-speaking countries!

      Delete