Saturday, April 20, 2013

Go Animate! A Practice Video

Dinner Math by Diana511 on GoAnimate

Animation Software - Powered by GoAnimate.

I created this quick GoAnimate video just to fiddle around with the tool a bit--I even used my sister and friend's names for the characters, just for fun :)

GoAnimate was an easy tool to use. I can see great potential for it as far as using it with my students, since it can be used for many different concepts. It's a great tool to enforce using English with my ELL students. I could even use it to create stories in English so they could practice listening in English and work with vocabulary.

I'm excited to have this tool at my disposal to use with my students in the future. Now I just need to think of some neat ideas to implement it in my teaching. Any thoughts?



 

2 comments:

  1. What a neat but quirky tool :) The voice-over is a tad silly, but I think we can all remember some tool as students that was a little rough around the edges. I think you're on to something with the vocab use. Words that students stumble on would be useful to use in multiple ways (the difference in pronunciation between economy, and economics for example, syllable stress, etc...) or if you have students in an ELL program that are at the silent stage, it could help give them a voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree with Erika that this is an unorthodox but useful Web 2.0 tool. IT is appropriate, however, for your purposes in an ELL setting. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete