Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Voki in the Classroom

I figured out a great way to incorporate Voki with my ELL students. I tried it today, actually. As a beginning of the day activity, I'm going to play a Voki for my kids that is all in English. They are to listen and write what they hear. I think this will be an awesome way to get them to practice their listening, writing, and reading skills. Here's the one we did today. The message is simple enough for them to understand and attempt to write it correctly. 




Something else I plan to do is implement these Vokis into my class blog. This way, they can practice listening and typing what they hear. Should be fun!

Does anyone have other ideas as to how I might use this great tool with my ELL students? I'd love to hear suggestions. Thanks! 

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a way to incorporate this tool into your classroom in a meaningful way! What did your students think of Voki?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They liked it! I'm thinking they would also like to create their own. I should try it with them. Some of them could even do it at home, too.

      Delete