Thursday, April 4, 2013

Trip to Madrid: Video Complete!

My digital story is finished!











I created this video with my ELL students in mind. At the beginning of the year, we as teachers try to learn a little something about our students. They want to know about us, too. This video teaches a bit about my culture. I based my digital story on the country where my family is from, Spain. 

The friendly format of this video and the idea that it has personal images from one of our vacations back to Madrid, is sure to keep students engaged. They will be able to learn something about their teacher's culture. My digital story teaches about three important characteristics of Spanish culture: authentic foods, sights and attractions, and the World Cup.

The purpose of this digital story is to introduce a new (or different) culture to students as an introduction at the beginning of the school year. Then, students can share their cultures and backgrounds with the class.





4 comments:

  1. Your "final cut" is excellent and there is no doubt in my mind that your ELL students will benefit tremendously from it. You did a superb job of producing this educational story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, I just reviewed this digital story again, and am still dumbfounded about it! You did a great job and I'm sure your students will love it! It definitely gives me a sneak peak into my trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your digital story shows a great way in which teachers can bring different cultures to life in the classroom. It is helpful to learn about the world around you and you have given your students a little taste of Madrid through your digital story and family photos. I really liked how it turned out and really makes me want to take a trip very soon !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your digital story! What a great way to educate your students about Madrid’s history, culture, language, sights/attractions and food. I would want to go just to have some authentic Paella and egg tortilla, it looked so good!! It looks like it would be a great place to travel. Have your students created videos about their countries? I bet they would like learn about all the different countries and cultures of their classmates.

    ReplyDelete