Sunday, February 3, 2013

Examples of Animoto Videos

I've been thinking about what type of Animoto I might create to use with my students. I've seen ones that deal with specific vocabulary, like Sara's Animoto on community vocabulary. I'm thinking I might go in a similar direction with my first Animoto video. My students are ELL students and a good number of them are beginners in the English language. They have a lot of vocabulary to learn. I might make an Animoto that highlights important "school vocabulary" that they need to recognize and know.

Taini's animoto was also used to teach vocabulary about a book she has been reading with her students, Mice and Beans. I think this is one of the ones we saw during class. I like the way these videos introduce a word, then follow up with an image, and then show the definition in writing. I can see this being a really helpful tool with my ELL students.

I also work with Kindergarten students and have been working on letters/sounds and will soon begin teaching sight words. Kelly's animoto was designed for letter and sound identification. I may do something similar. Perhaps start with a letter and then directly after include an image of something that starts with that letter.


No comments:

Post a Comment