Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Alphabet Idea

I'm really thinking that my Animoto video will be one about the alphabet and the sounds of each letter. Some of my kindergarten students are still struggling with their letters and their sounds. I want to create an animoto similar to Kelly's animoto below. 







 
 I can see my students benefiting from watching a video like this that goes through each letter of the alphabet followed by a picture of something that starts with that letter. Something else I could do is create a separate animoto for each letter of the alphabet. For example, if I was going to create a video of the letter "D" I might first have a picture of both a capital and lower-case "D" followed by a set of images that start with the letter "D": Dog, doughnut, etc. The repetition would be good for my students. This may be a bit too much work right now, but it's a good idea for next year!

What are others thinking for their animoto videos?

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I teach the alphabet sounds in French to my 7th graders and this would be a great way to introduce it. It would be a nice way to include vocabulary, like you said, with words that start with that letter. The more vocab exposure they get, the better.

    ReplyDelete